Saturday, December 29, 2012

Okay, New Plan

I have so many ideas and interests, so little time and energy to implement them properly. 

I've always wanted to be a writer, and since ... I was 12, I knew that I only wanted to be, specifically, a novelist.

I've done a lot of testing of that over the years. I wrote some (really bad, so don't ask if you can see it) poetry, took a journalism class, tried my hand at writing some scripts and made this blog for short stories, but I can't get away from novels. I always kept them away from the internet because, hey, I actually want to publish something of them one day, but I still have so much to learn, so much to polish, so much to keep revising, that I don't see that dream being fulfilled anytime soon.

Some writers hoard their work because they're shy/unconfident "No one can see it until it's done", "I'm worried it's not that good, so I don't want to show it."
But here's my dream in a nutshell: I want people to read what I write.

So I'm going to put my work where people can read it. 

I was going to make a sister blog to this one, so that I'm not posting chapters of novels to people who only actually want to read short works. If anyone wants to help me out ... you know where I am, right? I'd love help. From design (I'm sure you've realised how sucky my blog designing skills are) to artwork (No, I can't just learn to be a visual artist. I'm a writer) or anything else you think my blog needs in order to be most effective for getting my stories out there.

So check it out when I'm done. It'll be called ... Noveltopia (not really, but I wouldn't put it past me. Feel free to suggest a better name)

No comments:

Post a Comment